With just a little bit of care, you can protect your jewellery and keep it looking great for time to come.
- Store your jewellery in a separate compartment or pouch inside a jewellery box to prevent items rubbing together. Take care not to drop or scratch your pieces.
- Keep your jewellery away from perfumes, hairspray and lotions. Chemicals in these can affect the beauty and shine of your jewellery. It is best to put your jewellery on last when getting dressed.
- Never wear your jewellery in the shower, or when swimming. Chlorine particularly can discolour and damage your jewellery.
- Matt finish Silver: Dipping items in 'Silver dip' is a great way to bring your piece back to a bright finish.
- Gold vermeil (gold plated silver): Gently clean jewellery with a soft polishing cloth. Take care not to use abrasive compounds as this may rub away the gold layer.
- One of the best ways to keep your silver or gold-plated jewellery tarnish free is to store it in little plastic zip-lock bags. When you take off your jewellery at the end of the day, let it rest for a few moments to let any moisture from your skin evaporate then pop it in a zip lock bag and store in your jewellery box. This minimises contact with moisture and air when your piece is stored, and should help slow the tarnishing process.
Professional cleaning & re-finishing
I offer a cleaning and re-plating service for all of my jewellery, please get in touch for details. email: firstname.lastname@example.org