With just a little bit of care, you can protect your jewellery and keep it looking great for time to come.
- Store your jewellery in a separate compartment or pouch inside a jewellery box to prevent items rubbing together. Take care not to drop or scratch your pieces.
- Keep your jewellery away from perfumes, hairspray and lotions. Chemicals in these can affect the beauty and shine of your jewellery.
- Never wear your jewellery in the shower, or when swimming. Chlorine particularly can discolour and damage your jewellery.
All pieces will benefit from a general clean from time to time. Soak the piece in warm soapy water for a minute or two. If there is stubborn dirt you can use an old soft toothbrush to gently brush it out from little corners. Follow with a rinse then air dry on some tissue.
Further steps for specific finishes:
- Matt finish Silver: Dipping items in 'Silver dip' is a great way to bring your piece back to a silvery shine. Do not use a polishing cloth on matt finish silver, as it will gradually shine up the surface to a high polish.
- Shiny silver: Either use silver dip or a silver polishing cloth. Gently buff your piece back to a shine.
- Gold vermeil (gold plated silver): Gently clean jewellery with a soft polishing cloth. I use a high quality, thick 2.5micron 18ct plating on al of my pieces.
Advice & replating service
If you have any specific questions about jewellery care and cleaning, get in touch with a description of the piece and an image. I am happy to advise, and most scratches or mishaps can be resolved with a bit of repair and re finishing in the studio. I offer a re-plating service on my jewellery. Get in touch at: email@example.com.