Heather Woof Jewellery is handmade with time and care. With just a little bit of care from yourself, you can protect your jewellery and keep it looking great for time to come.
- Store your jewellery in a separate compartment or pouch inside a jewellery box to prevent items rubbing together. Take care not to drop or scratch your pieces.
- Keep your jewellery away from perfumes, hairspray and lotions. Chemicals in these can affect the beauty and shine of your jewellery. It is best to put your jewellery on last when getting dressed.
- Never wear your jewellery in the shower, or when swimming. Chlorine particularly can discolour and damage your jewellery.
- One of the best ways to keep your silver or gold-plated jewellery tarnish free is to store it in little plastic zip-lock bags. When you take off your jewellery at the end of the day, let it rest for a few moments to let any moisture from your skin evaporate then pop it in a zip lock bag and store in your jewellery box. This minimises contact with moisture and air when your piece is stored, and should help slow the tarnishing process.
- Silver: Clean gently with a silver polishing cloth. Dipping items in 'Silver dip' is a great way to bring your piece back to a bright finish.
- Gold plated: Gently clean jewellery with a soft polishing cloth. Take care not to use polishing agents or abrasive compounds and do not have plated jewellery machine polished as this will wear away the surface layer of gold.
We offer a cleaning and re-plating service for our items of jewellery, please contact Heather for details.