With just a little bit of care, you can protect your jewellery and keep it looking great for time to come.
- Store your jewellery in a separate compartment or pouch inside a jewellery box to prevent items rubbing together. Take care not to drop or scratch your pieces.
- Keep your jewellery away from perfumes, hairspray and lotions. Chemicals in these can affect the beauty and shine of your jewellery.
- Never wear your jewellery in the shower, or when swimming. Chlorine particularly can discolour and damage your jewellery.
All pieces will benefit from a general clean from time to time. Soak the piece in warm soapy water for a minute or two. If there is stubborn dirt you can use an old soft toothbrush to gently brush it out from little corners. Follow with a rinse then air dry on some tissue.
Further steps for specific finishes:
- Matt finish Silver: Dipping items in 'Silver dip' is a great way to bring your piece back to a silvery shine. Do not use a polishing cloth on matt finish silver, as it will gradually shine up the surface to a high polish.
- Shiny silver: Either use silver dip or a silver polishing cloth. Gently buff your piece back to a shine.
- Gold vermeil (gold plated silver): Gently clean jewellery with a soft polishing cloth. I use a high quality, thick 2.5micron 18ct plating on all of my pieces. Take care not to scrub or over-polish as this may prematurely wear away the gold plated layer.
Advice, repair & replating service
Each and every piece is handcrafted with care in my Edinburgh studio. The beauty and longevity of the jewellery pieces that I create is important to me. Sometimes, even with good care, general wear and tear can leave pieces needing a little TLC.
I offer a professional cleaning, repair and re-plating service on all of my jewellery. This can breathe new life into your pieces and restore them to their original lustre and finish.
Get in touch by email for more details: email@example.com.